Yesterday Bennett and I made Mango Jam! Arielle preferred to play with her dolls, but Bennett wanted to help in the kitchen. Back in Canada our pantry was filled with a wide variety of jams I had made, but I never seem to have the time here in Niger to keep up the habit. But yesterday we were determined. It is mango season so we took advantage of a plethora of cheap mangoes and made Mango Citrus Jam!
Cutting up 3 kilograms of Mangoes.
Zesting a dozen limes and squeezing their juice
Boiling it all up together
Adding the sugar ( the key ingredient to make sure it preserves a long time!)
My great helper (just wearing his underwear because it was so HOT in the kitchen!)
The finished product- 14 jars of yummy jam!
And just to show you how hot it had been inside my kitchen while we cooked!
And a little side note- Bennett and Harriet. If Bennett sits on the stair of our kitchen door with lettuce, Harriet will come eat it right out of his hand! She is getting bigger!
No comments :
Post a Comment