Tuesday, September 06, 2011

First Day of School

So yesterday was the first day of school for my kids. As I was getting them ready I thought “where did the summer go? When did they get so big and independent”

Then I realized my little boy is in GRADE ONE! There is no turning back now, his road to education has begun and he can look forward to the next 12 years or more of school. Wow. It makes me wish we had just one more year at home to play, do crafts and be a little boy. Arielle started kindergarten and she was so proud to tell me when she came home after school the first day that she even managed to get up the nerve to talk to her teacher! 

I am sad to see them go. They are both excited to make new friends, learn new things and tackle this next adventure, for which we are so grateful!

SO here are some pictures!

ariellefirstdayofschool

_MG_0390

Bennettfirstdayofschoolweb

IMG_0369

Arielle is very happy to have her best buddy Lily in her class!

IMG_0376

1 comment :

Ashley @ Root And Twig said...

These kids are super-sweet!