Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sneak Peek- the Africa wedding

Yesterday I spent all day at the wedding of a dear African friend with Rebecca and Katherine. We have known Aminata and her family for almost two years and is a family we visit with weekly.

My job- Photographer for the day for the family. Which I learned was way different from shooting a wedding in North America! Don’t expect any smiles from the bride or even a shot of the Groom!

We were there from 10:30 am to 10:00 pm. It was fascinating, insightful to their culture, funny at times, and sad at others.

Over this next week I am going to put up a series of blogs about the event. But today is Sunday- and I am truly trying to have a day off!

So I leave you with a sneak peek and a link.

To read Katherine’s synopsis of the day go to: Katherine's wedding blog

 

20100925-IMG_1953web

No comments :