Friday, January 15, 2010

Sand….

Just a quick note today so you see I am still here!

I am in the midst of working on a big project proposal and will hopefully have exciting news to share with you in the weeks to come. Please pray for stamina to get it researched, put together, budgeted and funded!!

And now for the picture of the week :) And you thought YOUR house was dusty! While not quite this bad, my house constantly has dirt and sand in it. Even with a house cleaner it needs daily cleaning to keep the sand at bay! We do live on the edge of the desert and during winter season the Harmattan winds blow dust and sand through every crack and right into the house and everywhere. I just hope my house never gets to this state, although it just might if i was to go away for a month and let it build up! So while most of you are cleaning slushy snow from your front door, I am dealing with this!

 

09032008090457_Kolmanskop245

* Photo courtesy of Andy Biggs

4 comments :

Follow the Yellow Brick Road said...

Um, that would suck. Looks like a job for the kiddos...they would LOVE scooping that up!

Beverley McIver said...

Was this just what came back on your persons after your trip to the dunes!! Funny--- I don't remember that border on the walls from our visit!! LOL

Leanne said...

Oh my goodness! I thought that having a kid meant that my house cleaning had suffer some. But I am proud to say that it hasn't gotten that bad... yet!

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable. I will never complain about dust in my house again...ever.What an amazing sand box for Bennett and Arielle...heather