Monday, January 18, 2010

New friends

Since I am still working away on my big project, I thought I would send you two little pictures of the day. This is my new friend. I cannot pronounce her name! Quite often when I go to visit Miriama every Tuesday for the morning, this young woman is there. She is the new (and much younger) wife of Miriama’s uncle. Divorce and remarrying is quite common in the Tuaregs, and the men usually go for younger women. She has a 3 year old son Moustapha who is very cute.

Jan13web

This is one of the children who was at Miriama’s house when I arrived. It was 9:00 am and already it was around 30 degrees Celsius (88 Fahrenheit-ish) He is wearing a wool sweater, snow pants and a toque!!

 

sss15

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

L o l - sooo cute and cuddly warm. heather