Sunday, December 20, 2009

Say Cheese! Picture of the Day

On Saturday night we had out team Christmas Party here in Niamey. We all gathered at the Cheung household to enjoy good food, good laughs and great people! We even had a few special guests join us – our friend Pierre from Quebec who is just returning home today from a one year stint here in Niger, as well we had the special treat of our Africa Regional Directors here with us! We were thrilled to have Richard and Merinda Enns and their daughter Jenissa, who will be with us for the next 10 days or so.

We had a fun gift exchange too, but the gift that got an outstanding cheer from everyone was- CHEESE!! The Enn’s brought a gift of fresh cheese from Quebec, all the way from Canada when they moved a week ago to Ghana, then they kept it in their fridge and brought it here!

For those of you who know me well, you know I am a huge cheese fan and was thrilled to get some fresh yummy cheese! I miss cheese! (You can only buy Emmental here that regularly tastes ok. Sometimes they bring in some other blocks of gouda or something else but if often tastes like mothballs and I can’t stand it!)

So for everyone out there- SAY CHEESE!!

(p.s- I did of course share this mother load of cheese with the team and only keep one block for our family!)

 

Cheese

2 comments :

Ellie said...

The value of good cheese! I completely understand! Thankfully, I get great cheese where I am now... except it is expensive. Enjoy!

Suzanne McWhinnie said...

Hey, Chantelle! Enjoy!!! What a blessing!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Suzanne