Sunday, August 02, 2009

Still here!

We are still here. Sadly my hard drive is not. It has been having dirt and heat induced issues for months in Niger and Sunday it gasped it's last dying breaths and passed away peacefully. So at the moment I am computerless while the tech decides whether or not it is worth simply replacing the hard drive or if it is time for a new laptop. Not surprising to come extent since Niger is extremely hard on laptops and I run mine lots. I am just thankful it happened here rather than in 3 weeks in Niger! So stay tuned and we will be back in action soon!

Last week we spent 4 days on holidays with Chantelle's family in BC near Radium Hot Springs. This is actually close to where one of our teammates Lisa lives and we even met people who knew her! It was sheer bliss to be in the mountains surrounded by beauty and family. I took a ton of photos as you can expect, but without my laptop I am limited in my ability to post, so stay tuned for that as well!



Tomorrow morning early we say goodbye to my brother and sister-in-law ( we won't see them again before we leave) and head to Calgary. Paul's parents (who are international workers overseas) fly in Monday afternoon, we have a BBQ with Harvest Hills Alliance church, and then we head to Canmore for 3 more days of vacation with Paul's family. Once again I am sure I will come back loaded with a full CF card of photos :)

The following week is full of appointments for Paul and Arielle. Thank you for continuing to lift us up in prayer. This nice week and a half in the middle is a much needed time with family and refreshing in nature.

Also- Paul and I are gearing up Wednesday for a 100km+ bike ride! Woohoo! I get to look at the Rocky Mountains all the way to Canmore from Calgary!

A visitor every morning at our cabin!

1 comment :

Di said...

Praying hard here in Burnaby.
Thanks for the update & links.
My heart hurts!