Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The views out the window home

We left Denver around noon and headed North. Compared to the awful drive down there with horrible weather and roads, this trip was a dream. The storm clouds in the distance, the sun above us and a great big blue sky were phenomenal. Once again our kids were such troopers! We stopped often during the day for photography stops (where I took pics and they ran around) and we hunted for some more geocaches. Here is Bennett holding one we found together that was sneakily camouflaged to look like a buried sprinkler head. But we found it!



This is another large format picture that was stitched together. It is 6 individual shots. I am getting this one printed on canvas to put up in Niger!



Another shot of the same tree. I had so many verses come into my head while shooting this tree. It was alone in this field and beautiful and strong.



Paul took this photo of me, while I am taking a panoramic series of shot of the mountain and skyline to blend into one large shot. The kids ran around in the grass and loved the break to stretch their legs.



Paul took this shot with our other camera while waiting for me to take mine and the kids played. I like his perspective and the blue sky captured.



A few pictures we took out the window while driving . I guess a big bonus of getting a huge rock smashed in the windshield a few weeks ago was that we had a brand new windshield to drive to Denver and had a clear view of the beauty around us! Paul and the kids were sleeping and I had my headphones in and worship music blasting. I had Shawn McDonald, Jeremy Camp, and Casting Crowns in my playlist and it was awesome to drive and see the amazing scenery and be close to the heart of God and rejoicing.





And we finally drove up to my parents house in Red Deer, our current home for a few more weeks. Check out the reading from our GPS unit of our total trip!



And I leave you with one more panoramic. I just started working with this one after stitching it. It is comprised of 14 seperate photographs and if I want to , I could get it printed at 10 feet long by 3 feet high because the resolution is high enough!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Wow! Remember I said this. Your photography could take you to places you would never have dreamed of. The shots are creative and inspirational. Thank you. heather

Norm & Debra said...

maybe you should have blurred out your max speed! :o) just kidding. thanks for sharing and we look forward to see how God works in your lives!